The content here is written by myself, Teran McKinney, unless otherwise stated. It is released into the public domain (CC0/Unlicense, whichever is applicable).
Who's this Teran guy?
I was born in British Columbia, Canada in 1992. Canada was not for me, so I fled to the US at about four years of age.
I have a startup called SporeStack which is an API-driven VPS host for cryptocurrency. I made two Linux distributions and Vagabond Workstation. I published my first book, called Fifty Two in 2017. I started New Country Project and Goat's Gulch. I've been around Bitcoin for a very long time, was likely the first person to buy a motorcycle with Bitcoin.
I generally identify as an engineer. I love writing. I can enjoy cooking. I like riding motorcycles and working on them. I'm quite fond of Ayn Rand and Austrian Economics. For better or worse, I have opinions on a number of subjects and am happy to talk about most anything. I try to understand all that I can. I hope to make myself a better man today than I was yesterday.
I identify with most of the tenets of anarcho-capitalism and objectivism. I lean a little to the anarcho-capitalist side of the two, with a dash of agorism and crypto-anarchist. I also have strong nationalist views and moderate conservative views. I don't fit easily under any one banner. In general, I like when people are free to do what they please within their own lives, even if I don't agree with it. Whatever form of government, I think that people are more united when they are fewer in number. I don't see how 400 million people can agree on the same issues without significant strife. I'd rather see 40 countries with 10 million people each.
I live near Boise, Idaho and am planning to buy property in Idaho, Bonner, or Boundary county. I have 10 acres in West Texas that I'm open to selling.
If you think I'm wrong, please tell me why and show me why. I know that I'm wrong about many things and I'd like continue learning and growing.
What does this Teran guy do now?
He makes delicious potatoes.
About the site
You'll see some things that look like question/answers. That's from back when I was running AskTeran.com (registered by a former coworker). More or less defunct, but I'd probably answer a question if you asked me to. There's also some posts that were on Craigslist, generally a bit older. Through my numerous Craigslist ads I've formed wonderful friendships, flown to Ohio to meet a stranger, (very) indirectly caused a marriage and three pregnancies, and likely bought the first half of a motorcycle for Bitcoin.
If you keep reading, you'll also see some very old stuff with a bit of change in time.
Two servers replace themselves every week. They pay for the new server from a Bitcoin SV WalkingLiberty wallet. It's using a "Poor Man's Failover" DNS trick, so it's georedundant. It's kind of overkill for what this is, but it's also a testbed for new ideas. I'm a firm believer in dogfooding and am doing just that, for better and for worse.
This site is also available over a Tor Hidden Service (a .onion, only accessible if you are using Tor). The V3 Hidden Service is the default, the old V2 (potatooezyf2aql6.onion) is likely not as secure and will 301 redirect you to the V3 service. In case you're connecting on Tor, this is also available as a clearnet service. Lastly, it may be available from Github Pages.
If you enjoy my content and have absolutely nothing better to do with your money, you can donate.
In the news:
- 'SporeStack: Disposable, anonymous servers, via Bitcoin and Python' by The Register
- 'SITES THAT MADE ME "WOKE"!' by SomeOrdinaryGamers
My main projects
- SporeStack: VPS hosting for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV. Entirely API driven, no accounts. Clearnet
- SporeStack .onion: VPS hosting for Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV. Entirely API driven, no accounts. Tor
- Vagabond Workstation Clearnet
- Vagabond Workstation .onion Tor
- Bitcoin Mixer
- Bitcoin Mixer .onion Tor
More from me:
- Collection of redpills, photos, etc (Most of these are not made by me.)
- Fifty Two: My first published novel, released into the public domain.
- Stuff for sale: Motorcycles, cars, motorcycle parts, or what have you.
- Bitchute Channel
- Youtube Channel (One successfully appealed community strike, one unsuccessfully appealed community strike and counting!)
- New Country Project
Not mine, but I recommend these:
- Ray Peat
- 180 Degree Health
- Blog on minimalism
- Murdoch Murdoch
- EEV Blog
And a few non-websites:
- Calvin and Hobbes
- Mark Manson's books
- Models: Attract Women With Honesty
- The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A F*ck
- Everything is F*cked
- The Martian (The book, not the movie)
- Captain Fantastic
- The Colony (Fairly realistic/informative apocalypse survival reality show)
- The Day After (Russian Zombie show with terrific acting)
- Basic Economics by Thomas Sowell
Formerly mine in no particular order (mostly expired domains):
- foureightysix.go-beyond.org (486 with dynamic content that was up on Digg.com twice, back when Digg was cool (2008~))
- 22.214.171.124 (darkfireforums.net pointed here)
- A few Freewebs sites.
- Icadyptes (Linux distro based on Arch)
- ZenServer (Linux distro based on Zenwalk/Slackware)
- I know I'm forgetting a bunch...